So, here we go! So far I have released a few of my poems, which I hope you have all enjoyed reading, but there is more to me than just poetry, I assure you! So, before I show more of myself to the world, I thought I would tell you 10 things you should know about me!
1. My two favourite things in life currently are really bad jokes and makeup – and when I say really bad jokes, you know the ones I’m talking about, the jokes that are so bad that they’re actually hilarious! And makeup doesn’t need an explanation.
2. I am a nurse by profession – Random right? I know, it still shocks me today that I am actually a nurse, too! I won’t pretend like it isn’t one of the most rewarding jobs though!
3. My favourite colour is GREEN – GREEN. And that’s all I need to say.
4. Believe it or not, but I have a BLACKBELT – A black belt in cheeky attitude and sarcasm, BUT, also a 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo – 10 years worth of hard work paid off!
5. My birthday is my favourite day of the year – hands down the best day of the year is the day of my birth! I get so excited for my birthday that I usually begin to remind everyone that it’s coming up about 8 months in advance, and then I celebrate like I’m royalty for the entire of my birth MONTH!
6. My current favourite saying/word is CRAMPS – Because when things are too funny, it’s CRAMPS.
7. The things I find most annoying is the sound of people chewing – DO NOT even get me started on how much I want to punch you in the face if I can hear you chewing! Call me crazy, or don’t, ’cause I might punch you for that, too!
8. If I could only ever travel to one place in the world it would be to the USA – A few years ago through research I came across a disease called “Progeria”, and it very quickly became one of my biggest interests. My dream would be to get in contact with the Progeria Research Foundation in the USA and do some volunteer work with them.
9. As stated above, one of my biggest interests is the disease “Progeria” – Don’t get me wrong, anything medical interests me significantly, but there is something about this topic that takes my fancy more than anything else. Progeria is a rare ageing disease in which the body ages 8-10 times faster than normal, making the life expectancy for children with this disease approximately 14 years.
10. If I could have any super power, it would be knowledge – They say knowledge is power don’t they? But no, that’s not quite what I mean. I find one of my biggest issues is that I am interested in so many things and have so many things I want to study and learn, so I wish I could just know everything I already want to know!
So, that is 10 facts about me that you should know, but there is one thing I want to know about all of you and that is; what are you most passionate about?